Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Dirty Little Secret #109

I didn't start sewing for Henry until 6 o'clock this morning.



You see, I have this thing about sewing for babies whom I know are coming. It makes me nervous, and my sister, your beloved Mrs. Chicken, has had such a tough time these past few weeks and months that I didn't want to take any chances on superstitious matters.



But she did mention to me recently that she was not feeling the love: "Shaggy has no burp cloths with his name on them. When the Poo was born, all her stuff was ready and waiting for her."



Now, I beg to differ. I waited with the Poo, as well. But, this morning as I was embroidering my way through a stack of shirts for babies I do not know, I threw one under the machine and put a large, crimson H on it. And it's a good thing that I did.



Because now he's here.



He and Mrs. Chicken are doing great. Henry Aloysius is a whopping 9 pounds and 12 ounces, and he is 22 inches long.



In other words, he could crush most babies.



Mrs. Chicken is in recovery, both grandmothers are on their way, and the hospital has wifi access.



In other words, all is well, and you'll hear from the woman of the hour herself sooner, rather than later.

No comments: