Thursday, November 09, 2006

Dirty Little Secret #37

I am quite fond of myself. Being the arrogant bugger that I am, it took a while to narrow this down. Behold, Ten Things I Like About Me.

1) I am smart. Very, very smart. Smarter than most, too smart for my own good, smarter than you. So there.

2) I am confident. Perhaps overly so.

3) I have high expectations. Of everyone.

4) I call a spade, a spade.

5) I hold myself to the same high standards to which I hold the rest of you.

6) I am well-rounded. I have studied science and literature. I have lived abroad and in the middle of nowhere. I try to let my varied experiences inform my perspective.

7) I am not afraid to try something because it is difficult. Except mow the lawn.

8) I am not afraid to get dirty. I can teach seventh graders to dissect fish and change the poopiest of diapers without flinching. My husband calls me the Queen of Poop.

9) I have a sharp sense of humor. If you don't get me, that's probably a good thing.

10) I have the balls to post a list like the one found above.

My husband is convinced that I will lose all two of my regular readers. (Okay, there's at least twenty of you according to bloglines, but you get my drift.) But if you read my previous post, consider yourself fairly warned. I'm an arrogant B-I-T-C-H. I've been called cold-hearted by my own father, but I know he meant it as a compliment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you self-proclaimed cold-hearted, arrogant, B-I-T-C-H, I happed to like you very much, but then again I don't really know ya! Seriously, I think it's great you can come up with a list like that & post it!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, seeing that I don't know how to spell h-a-p-p-e-n, I guess you won't like me too much 'cause I'm not as smart as you! HA!

KarinGal said...

Although I had a strong hunch about this earlier in the year, I am now 100% confident that you and I would be fast friends were we to live in the same town.

Thank goodness for the Internet, no? :)

Amy said...

Yeah, she means every word folks! :)

Kacey said...

Hey - wait a minute - I think that was the same list you posted yesterday. No?
Well, it's a good thing that I like you lots anyway!
No, a good thing for me, not for you!

Heather said...

I knew you had balls. I also know that you're smart.

Um I think I already knew a lot of your list, and guess what? I still like you, you arrogant B-I-T-C-H!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, there's nothing wrong with saying what you mean and meaning what you say. I like a person who doesn't mince words. :-)