Monday, November 03, 2008

Dirty Little Secret #110

I wish that I had it in me to be like Elizabeth and Heather.

I wish that I could agree to just leave politics out of it.

But I can't. On Wednesday morning, I need to wake up to a new world order. I need it, like I need water.

Like I need air.

I don't judge anyone for choosing to vote for John McCain. Tammy? I get that. She has conviction. She believes. And while I don't agree, I get that.

(But our friends who admitted that they agree with Barack Obama on almost all issues but won't vote for him because he'll raise the capital gains tax? I don't get that. You? You just might be greedy. And I know. I'm in your tax bracket.)

(And if you're voting for Sarah Palin, well, I might just judge that, too. Sorry.)

What I love about blogs is that I can read about the lives of these women and identify so strongly with them, regardless of our differences. Stephanie Nielson? Her stories about motherhood and housewifery and craftiness bring me joy, in spite of the fact that she thinks "Dems are crazy."

(I'm crazy alright.)

I'm not asking anyone to change their vote. (Well, except for maybe you folks in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida. And while we're at it, maybe all you folks in Georgia could get on board. M'Kay?)

No matter what happens, I'm asking for change.

No comments: